BootsnAll Travel Network



Week 4 – The Week That T&T owns our Soul + an “A”

That’s right the dreaded English grammar exam netted me an A grade even though I messed up the question (I got right the day before on the review) on abstract nouns. This info first thing in the morning of the busiest week of the course really made my day & started the week off on the right foot, bring it on T & T, now I’m ready for you!

Presentation on teaching large classes went well & actually had to cut it a bit short (made all the points just dropped a bit of filler) as was going over time. Another B on Wednesday’s exam & TP’s are going OK.

Every organization has one, you know the little strutting know it all jerk, well the one at T & T happens to have the job of evaluating TP’s (talked to 4 other former T&T students & their opinion on him is the same as mine) & I was given him for Monday’s class so grade was down on that one but back up on Wednesday when evaluated by a normal trainer.

Last module exam Friday morn then 2 children’s class TP’s Saturday & this week will be over, good thing as everyone’s nerves are on edge from the stress & we’re getting a tad cranky. Did I mention it is also HOT, HOT in Bangkok in April!?

Speaking of cranky we had a slightly heated, off topic, discussion over the, just discovered, fact that T & T puts your overall course mark on the front of your Certificate. Consensus was it was NOT a good thing, especially as an A grade while technically possible is hardly ever attained & not sure if one has ever been attained on the 4 week course. The conversation then went on as to whether, knowing what we know now about the course, we would have chosen T & T over other schools had this fact been  mentioned in the info describing the certificate on their website? The only way to know this is to click on the picture of the certificate itself, not really being upfront about it imho. Shall post the answer along with reasons in my final overview next week.

“Congratulations! You just survived the worst class in the school” says the evaluator, their regular teacher of the last class on Saturday. That’s all I needed to hear, for a great finish to the week from hell. Whether that means a good grade for managing to make it through the class (most likely) or tough luck, you get a bad one, will know Monday. First class went pretty well as did Friday’s exam.

So there’s a bright light at the end of the tunnel & it definitely isn’t a train! Final 4 hour exam Monday followed by a final TP in the evening (marks are good enough that I can completely blow both, not likely, & still get a pass) & that’s all she wrote for he material we get marked on. Tues & Wed are just on putting together a resume & job search information. Thursday is Graduation with a free pizza lunch.



Tags:

11 responses to “Week 4 – The Week That T&T owns our Soul + an “A””

  1. Pinamimi says:

    WOW….that’s been some 4 weeks hasn’t it….feels like it has flown right by lol….
    Ya …talk to Eric about Ahole evaluators…..one guy asks him a two word question and doesn’t elaborate….just says two points…..my son says pardon….and this twit says fail…nice…..so luckily for the redo he got a normal evaluator who asked him…can you please show me two points which indicates where you are on this map. lol…okay Eric says and shows him….WILD…
    Main thing is that you passed….My Art diploma shows all the marks as well…..looks gay imho and it shouldn’t define us really.. Well we’re all proud of Uncle Busman here! good for you!!!!! Happy Easter btw! 🙂

  2. Dave says:

    Still one more day to go but pretty much know the work & our trainer gave us an idea what to study. Went through it all today to refresh my memory, just go over a few important points in the morning & hope for the right questions.

    Last TP being evaluated by the hard nosed one but incorporated in my lesson plan corrections to all his criticism from the last one so will see just what kind of person he really is.

    Been quite a month but now it’s nearly over must say it was an interesting challenge & a unique experience.

    Nada Semaina Santa in Thailand but next weekend marks the start of Songkran or Thai New Year which is celebrated by 3 days of throwing water at everyone, the washing away of the old year & getting ready for the planting of the rice & the start of the rainy season, apparently gets pretty wild around Sumkivit & Khoa San Road areas. Should be interesting!

  3. Daniel says:

    Hey Dave! I’ve got to get you a bunch of lesson plans, etc. from my days as an ESL/TEFL instructor. It’s been a few years, but I had some good stuff!

  4. Dave says:

    Thanks Daniel, would appreciate that.

    Thai visa runs out Apr 23 so will be leaving for Brunei then, to continue my trip. Should be back in Ont. early July, for 6 weeks or so, then off to London to get an extended Thailand visa.

    Continue overland to Istanbul, Petra, Egypt then fly out of Cairo to Bangkok mid Oct. to begin job search for the Nov. term.

  5. Daniel says:

    Cool. Let’s get together for a beer when you’re Toronto way, so you can regale us with tales of yer trip!

  6. Dave says:

    Will give you a shout when I get back, have to head down Whitby way for a new passport any way. As for tales there are so many & to think back in Nov I posted that I might cut my time in SE Asia short, hmmm 5 months later & I’m still here!

  7. Pinamimi says:

    I think it’s wonderful Dave! all your experiences! I’m sure way beyond your wildest dreams! 🙂
    you are one lucky guy…following your dreams! go for it and teaching on the way 🙂

  8. Dave says:

    It’s a BIG world filled with wonderful experiences, people to meet, places to go
    & sights to see. One has no clue what it’s all about until you get out into it.

  9. Radek says:

    Congrats Dave!!! I will be in Bangkok for 3 days as of the 19th of April. We should meet up for a drink!

  10. Dave says:

    That’s one of the reasons I decided to stick around. I have to leave on the 23rd as that’s the last day on my visa & my apartment rent is due the next day so the timing is good.

    Just let me know when & where, looking forward to it.

  11. Dave says:

    Radek I have gone to Kanchabauri, should be back Monday evening on the train or bus Tuesday morning. Post here or email to set up a meet.