BootsnAll Travel Network



Vinales

Main St VinalesMy month in La Habana is finaly over & my first impressions stand. Also I have found that not being a dog lover that after a month in Havana there are only 2 things that dogs do well, bark all night & poop on the sidewalk, obnoxous creatures. However it is a unique city & worth between 3 days & a week depending on your preferences.

As for the Spanish lessons now have 5 weeks & can order breakfast but that’s about it, guess another 10 years might master the language.

Came to Vinales on Sunday & what a change from Havana. Would recommend it as a must see desination in Cuba, no bars on the doors & windows or the chairs on the porch chained up so they don’t disappear & don’t have to worry about some one grabbing your camera in the middle of the afternoon. It does have have a hop on hop off bus like Havana which is about the only good thing I found about that city.



Tags:

6 responses to “Vinales”

  1. pinamimi says:

    LOL….what?! they don’t ppop and scoop in that city?? lol…gross
    Vinales is a must see?….cool….does it have a nice beach?

  2. pinamimi says:

    oooops…meant poop and scoop…wish there was an edit button!!

  3. Ready4Off says:

    Hi Dave, Nice to hear from you again and I am pleased that you have moved on to Vinales, it sounds much more suitable for you, I do understand being a country lass, I cant stand towns myself. Hope you do carry on with your Spanish lessons, you will master it in the end.

    At least you are in a nice warm place, we have got lots of sbow in the U.K. now, the worst for 20 years so we might have a nice Summer, I hope so. Take Care, Janey

  4. Dave says:

    Sorry pina no beach in Vinales just a nice country town with a couple caves and lots of day trip tourists bused in.

    Jorge doing great as usual with his casa bookings both in Vinales and again last night in Trinidad.

  5. bellagio says:

    The dogs are the same all over Cuba, barking away. One of the reasons I keep my air con on in the night in my casa is to drown out their barking.

    When are you moving on to Guardalavaca Dave? I’m returning to Cuba on February 16th for another two week stay in my casa in Banes.

  6. Dave says:

    Hola Ken will definitely meet up this time as going to Santa Clara tomorrow then on to Santiago Wed so will stop in Guardalavaca on the return to Habana. Are you going to be at your casa in Banes or at a resort for a while? email me with how to get in touch with you in Cuba as I am not sure how long will be in the Santiago area but it will only be a week or so.

    Can’t turn on the air con as it’s too COLD!!! Guess I have been south too long as was at Playa Ancon Friday & had my sweater on while the crazy northeners were swimming LOL