BootsnAll Travel Network



Trinidad

TrinidadHave to keep posts short as internet realy slow as is my one finger typing. Vinales was a way cool destination as is Trinidad, more on Vinales if you have questions when get to cheap internet again.

Trinidad is an old colonial Spanish city resembling Antigua & staying in a casa there is a different experience, Jorge arranged for a stay in a 360 year old casa with a 2 ft diameter mango tree growing in the kitchen, can’t match that in a resort or in Canada LOL

Bus to Playa Ancon is only 1 CUC warmer today so think will go this aft & there is a couple days of other things to see.

Off to Santa Clara tomorrow aft to see the Che memorial etc then Santiago to transfer to Baroca then ???? but have to meet up with belagio in Banes on the return to Habana.



Tags:

5 responses to “Trinidad”

  1. Oncearound says:

    Hola Dave, just back from Varadero/Havana today. I agree with your assessment. Havana is historically beautiful and certainly worth seeing…once! Varadero – one big tourist trap! I think I prefer rural Cuba.
    🙂

  2. pinamimi says:

    or hopefully meet up with me in Santiago if i ever get my moula lol!!!
    calgon take me away!!

  3. topturner says:

    Hi Dave, I thought you’d enjoy Trinidad, I loved it, although staying at the Grand hotel Iberostar certainly helped. The internet was free there for guests (pretend), and its a good place for a lunch, so you may like to suss it out.
    What did you think of the resorts at Ancon Beach ? The taxi dropped us off on the beach and just one look at the concrete carbuncle that is Hotel Ancon, persuaded me to spend the day at Brisas next door, a great day it was too. Have fun !

  4. bellagio says:

    Hi Dave,

    Been away for the weekend but have sent you an email detailing my movements and various contact phone numbers whilst in Banes.

    No hotel for me this time – casa all the way. Have arranged for my rental car to be driven to the airport by the rental guy so hope that works out OK.

    Looking forward to meeting up and please keep the conversation in English!!! Don’t baffle me with all your new found Spanish!!!

  5. busman7 says:

    Hola TT I stayed at Jesus´s casa that Jorge arranged and it was great although I think I gained a couple pounds a day with all the food LOL. Went to the public beach between Ancón and Brisas the cerveza was cold and the food passable.

    Ken I confuse myself with my pitiful amount of Spanish-French mix!