BootsnAll Travel Network



There’s a reason

why things happen as they do! The missing the stop at David turned out to be a blessing as I wouldn’t have been in the city for Bob’s open house if I had gotten off the bus & would have missed a great afternoon with some real down to earth folks that have decided to make a new life in Panama.

Bob from the retirement wave site is just what he claims on his site a person who likes Panama & enjoys helping new comers, nothing more or less just a nice guy.

It seems like a long way from being a farm boy in Quebec’s Eastern Townships to the 19th floor balcony of a condo in Panama City but hey it can’t be as I spent an enjoyable couple hours talking with a fellow traveller from Montreal (small world isn’t it) who believes in 95% of the same things as I do even to staying in hostels for the people you meet there. There was only one rule at the open house, you had to speak with at least 5 people you didn’t know, which proved to be an enjoyable one to follow with the interesting people present. Even spoke to a lady who has made Panama her home who said that the US was on it’s way to becoming a third world country, reminded me of the way every one on TA went ballistic when I posted the same about Canada LOL. Guess when one travels they develop a different out look on things than what the American media spoon feeds people at home.

Any way the long & the short of it is that Saturday afternoon I became convinced without a doubt that my travels & a search for a new country are the right thing for me. As one Brit there said the only place in the world to live is between the Tropic of Cancer & the Tropic of Capricorn LOL

Took the bus to David today & will probably spend Xmas in Boquette but that’s still 3 days away so you never know! Panama’s looking better & better all the time but there is still some thing about Guatemala. Decisions, decisions! Maybe 6 months in each after all they have different rainy seasons & Guatemala is a bit chilly at night in winter????



Tags:

3 responses to “There’s a reason”

  1. Jan says:

    What a great time you’re having! So what is it about Guatemala that has you spellbound in comparison to Panama? haha … 6 months in each … now you’ve got it figured out! Take care … hope you have a wonderful WARM Christmas!

  2. Oncearound says:

    You almost sound surprised to have met up with like minded travelers. Tough decision, but watch out for those americans…they say one thing and do something else. Have a merry Christmas Dave!
    Happy trails 🙂

  3. Pinamimi says:

    LOL Oncearound!! you got that right!
    Like Jan says Dave…have a wonderful WARM Christmas and make room in your condo
    the rednecks from the Kleeker will comeby and see you next Christmas!
    Feliz Navidad!