BootsnAll Travel Network



The End of an Era!

Fate works in mysterious ways, especially since I set out on my quest for paradise, 3 years ago. The way I ended up with my TEFL certificate on mothers 90th birthday, then the screwing by Qantas that resulted in my buying the casa in El Salvador.

Now the scam on eBay resulting in my putting the Checker in Roger’s terminating business sale, that resulted in my spending an extra couple weeks in Ontario.

During those 3 weeks in purgatory there were about 3 days of decent weather, however I ran into most of the people that I associated with during my time here. Experienced how much things have changed, for the worse, since I sold out & started traveling.

A few have passed on, like the owners of 2 local wrecking yards I used to patronize. There are no more small school bus operators in the area. Actually Roger’s tire shop was the last of the small business’s, I dealt with over the years left.

Anyone that I cared about seeing was at the sale, the auctioneer I have known since I arrived in the area & of course I found Roger’s tire shop soon after arriving in Bowmanville

St Stephens High School, which started me off in the school charter business was located across the road until their new school was built & Great Lakes College, whom I did charters & summer camps for 11 years, bought the property.

With sale of the Checker in these circumstances has brought closure to my time in Ontario, there is nothing left for me here any longer, kids are grown & can come to SV. One more quick trip to pickup the Scout & that’s all she wrote about that chapter of my life!



Tags:

Comments are closed.