BootsnAll Travel Network



Saigon

After a 20 hr journey south from Hue, part of which was through the coastal mountains the train arrived is Saigon (HCMC) where things are more civilized than at my last stop, it’s still all about money (worse by far than Thailand) but at least the people are friendlier &  a simple no thanks sends most peddlers on their way + the weather is better.

Arrived at 04:30 & the city hadn’t gone to bed yet, there were still quite a few people about especially at the station & on the street my hotel is on the bars were still open with the last of the night folk getting ready to pack it in & the restaurant making the transition to breakfast with the newspaper ladies starting out the day with the local & English language papers, both local & foreign.

At seven when the day staff at the hotel came on duty I was able to check in & catch up on the sleep I missed on the soft seat train car as no point getting a sleeper birth on a train arriving at at 04:30. Took a walk around the immediate area, booked a city tour for tomorrow & a 3 day trip to Cambodia finishing up with a slow boat trip to Phoem Phen.



Tags:

2 responses to “Saigon”

  1. Radek says:

    So where are you heading to after?

  2. Dave says:

    3 day tour from Saigon to Cambodia tomorrow.