BootsnAll Travel Network



On to Japan

As I expected Japan does not have the same atmosphere I experienced in Korea, as soon as you stepped off the ferry you could feel a different vibe. In the couple days I spent there it seems the major difference is Japan has become more westernized while Korea has retained it’s values.

Upon entering Japan the first thing they do, other than the obligatory health questions although they don’t seem so paranoid about it as Korea (no masks) is photograph you while taking your finger prints. Oh yeah they don’t seem to like it when you haven’t listed a hotel where you are staying & go overboard on the luggage search, although they were very nice about it & curious about my Guatemalan bag & Mongolian change purse, saying the designs were cool. The whole effort was put in a ridiculous light when a few hours later in the underground complex at the Hiroshima Station there was an information centre that would book you a cheap (for Japan) hotel room.

Took the 1st local train out of Simolineski to Hiroshima (express was twice the price) & arrived 4 hrs later with only one change so the express would have been a waste of money. Now sitting by the fountain (a great people watching place) at the station getting my bearings I formed my opinion of the westernization based on the number of bad dye jobs that passed by (not horrid ones like Russia but there is something NOT right about blonde Japanese!!)

Sitting around train or bus stations in the rest of the world sure makes one realize how backward we North Americans really are in public transportation. Not to mention how much better passengers are treated at Narita airport in Tokyo than the abomination of Pearson or the BS you are subjected to at at the absolute worst I have flown out of the Gestapo run Heathrow! Plus have to give JAL bonus points for NOT being politically correct & hiring male stewardess’s.

Upon leaving Shimoeeski on the local train it seemed like the better part of 2 hrs before getting out in the country with the the city being jammed in the valley between the mountains & everything just seemed small & crowded, a feeling I didn’t get in Korea. While the Japanese people are every bit as friendly & helpful AS Korea + more English is spoken Japan just didn’t turn my crank!

That said my visit to Hiroshima Memorial Park was very enlightening & thought provoking. In light of what happened there plus the the goings on in Central & South America over the 40 or so years two of my pet theories were proven beyond a doubt! (This is where I may alienate a few readers)

1) There is an embedded core group of extremely EVIL people running the CIA!

2) There is NO God as portrayed by Christianity!

Now if Obama took the “Peace Prize” seriously he would pinpoint that core group & do away with them but we all know that won’t happen which goes to rove what a sham the prize has become.

For those still with me next comes ubiquitous India.



Tags:

8 responses to “On to Japan”

  1. Pinamimi says:

    lol…still with ya lol….everyone’s allowed to their opinions lol 🙂
    I agree blonde japanese just doesn’t seem right LOL

  2. Dave says:

    13,700+ hits on my blog & 91 in the last day so I guess you aren’t alone!

  3. Pinamimi says:

    not surprised….you write very well!…it’s a great read over morning coffee and being visual I can see it all…thanks for sharing :o)

  4. Macdon says:

    What’s wrong with blonde japanese? lol!!!!!!

  5. Dave says:

    It’s just NOT right!!! IMHO same as male airline stewardess’s!!!

  6. Pinamimi says:

    you sexist lol!!! i happen to enjoy male fight attendants Dave…

  7. Radster says:

    haha, saying male stewardesses is just not right, is along the same lines as saying overweight/ugly stewardesses are just not right. Come on, its 2009, we are all about employment equity and have gone away with discrimination.

  8. Dave says:

    “flight attendants” is just a made up term by the thought police!

    This sexist guy enjoys having young good looking FEMALE stewardess’s the way god meant them to be.

    Yeah good ole Canada has employment equity & only discriminates against WASP males!!!