BootsnAll Travel Network



Never Again!!! Day 7-11 Hair-Pullin’/Teeth-Knashin’

Sunday, putterin’ day at Scout-mans, his father who worked out of my Pontypool shop stops by to visit, we spend most of the day reminiscing & catching up on things.

     Shop

Mon/Tues are occupied by parts chasing at good ole Crappy Tire, http://www.napaonline.com Colborne store & http://www.partsource.ca 

We also discovered that the original serial number plate that matched the ownership, had grown legs (F U C K!!!), a couple days of phone calls turned up a solution that bypassed the hoop jumping that the MTO relishes in. Simply take a sample plate to http://www.millvalleytrophies.com Mill valley trophies along with the serial #, return the next day, voila, a perfect replica of the original.

Next glitch was deciding what to do about the  exhaust without busting the bank??? Time was running out, everybody was busy or didn’t want to fab one up so when http://www.midas.com Cobourg said to bring it in Wed morning, I bit the bullet (fluck the bank) & had Scout-man tow ‘er in Dan towing Scout

Wednesday with Scout in shop was finish up odds & ends in Bowmanville, account to pick up final tax papers from mothers estate, lawyer for my revised will, over to my bus guy for a safety on the Scout, stopped by the MTO to get a license plate sticker for the Scout . On the way out of town stopped by my old tire man’s house & found him home, had a good visit + was invited for supper. A productive day, for a change!

Thursday we head in to Midas about 10am & they’re just finishing up, the mufflers had come in by overnight courier. They also did a full service on the old girl, topping up all her fluids.

Next step was to put the plates on her & for Scout-man Dan & #1 son 163  to take her on a shake-down cruise back home to Castleton.

The rest of the day was spent fine tuning & putting on some trim & pin striping tape to dress up the old girl.

My visiting time with old friends-n-acquaintances has fallen short of what I had planned.

 On the + side I did get a short visit with Gary, Rat & the boys at the Orono coffee shop. Caught up with Ed at Dan’s & later at the bus barn when I got the safety from Archie saw Joanne & others known from the bus years. Spent an afternoon with Roger from the tire shop, saw my lawyer & the girls from the bank. Spent a few days with #1 son.

 On the – side, never got a chance to get back to Gary’s, or Kendal way to see the Downsies, Mr Clean. Nor was I able to get north of the 7th to stop in at Noone’s, Pontypool to drive past the old shop that I heard was sold to a scrapper (cool that would just piss off the asshole neighbour), over to see Boney or Perry my old bus broker nor up to Woodville to see David from the Mercers garage days. Stopped by Earls, a former bus owner but he wasn’t home nor was Ronnie an old friend going back to pipeline days who hung out at the tire shop, of course didn’t get a chance to see ‘brother’ Joe or any of the other tire shop crew.  ( ah  well c’est la vie).From El Salvador to Canada by bus 112

Almost There, fingers/toes crossed.



Tags:

Comments are closed.