BootsnAll Travel Network



Never Again!!! Day 12 It’s Outta Dodge or ELSE!!!

Friday Sept 31, 2012 the start of the Labour Day long weekend (hell of a day to start a road trip) pack my pack as I’m determined to hit the road today, come hell or high water!

According to the original plan I should be working the CHS Homecoming booth at the Big Brome Fair  Brome-Fair-logo-green_xh110 now but— as Robert Burns wrote “The best laid plans of mice and men/often go awry“ 

Had neglected to pickup an air cleaner element, NAPA doesn’t have one so shall try Parts Source on the way to Oshawa, surely they’ll have one in stock. (ha-ha not)

So instead, after a  couple hours to install a set of Bully side steps  ‘Bully’ side steps, I head out to return the rental car, Scout-man Dan will pick me up in the Scout, the round trip Castleton – Oshawa making for a good test drive. After stopping at Parts Source & ordering the air cleaner element for delivery about 1:00pm,  I stop at the Newtonville service area to call The Crossing The Crossing  to let them know I’ll be a day late checking in. (it’s a bitch not having a cell phone)

Dan picks me up we stop for junk food & an ATM so I can pay him & Leon for their work then head back to Orono as I need a couple things at http://www.durhamfarmersco-op.ca Orono co op I am nearly out main component of any first aid kit (the greatest invention since sliced bread) http://www.bagbalm.com bag balm also I have a hankering for some 5 yr old cheddar cheese http://www.mapledalecheese.com Maple Dale Cheese  Walking out of the co-op we run into an old tractor buddy but only had time to say hi.

Stopped at the Dutch Oven to top up the tank, still leaking when completely full, no time to mess with it, just won’t top it up any more. Take County Rd #9 across to #45 arriving back at Castleton with no problems.

Yeah she’s good to go! Almost

Still one last thing, install the bikini top!

18:00  SO LONG – SAYONORA –

HASTA-LA-VISTA-BABY!!!

 

 



Tags:

Comments are closed.