BootsnAll Travel Network



Must have been

a Viking in a past life! Ever get that feeling not so much that you have been some where before but that a place is as it should be with no real surprises & you just kind of fit in?

That’s the way it is here & it’s kind of strange as the country outside Reykjavik is mainly rolling with a few hills, something like the Nevada desert but with moss covered lava rock replacing the sand. Oh well you never know what to expect when traveling, which is a good thing!

Back at the B & B which is only twice the price of the hostel not 3 times so can live with it (not much choice) darn hostel doing it’s job too well & becoming way too popular but not bad here with travelers staying also, couple long day trips so not going to move back for the last night.

Kind of like the way it’s done in Central America where most hostels don’t take reservations as travelers there tend to stay longer than they think so it ‘s just first come first served & stay until you feel like moving on or in Cuba where reservations are taken but if person there feels like staying longer that’s fine & person with reservation will be put up some where else. Not sure if it’s just a Latin thing or climatic where if you don’t have a roof over your head at least you aren’t going to freeze.

Made it to the Blue Lagoon today www.bluelagoon.com which is pretty neat, definitely set up for tourists but being only 10 km from the airport it’s possible to shoot out there during a lay over & the water’s hot & a milky blue. No chemicals either just the way nature made it (worth a visit for that reason alone) & the reason everyone must shower sans bathing suit before going in.

Out on a country tour tomorrow with a visit to the Rift valley then along the South coast & glaciers Wed before heading over to Greenland.



Tags:

7 responses to “Must have been”

  1. pinamimi says:

    wow!! very cool Dave!!! the Blue Lagoon sounds amazing!

  2. topturner says:

    The Blue Lagoon sounds great Dave ! On behalf of the laydeez ( Pina & co.) who are too shy to ask, did you give your speedo an airing for this excursion ?

  3. Dave says:

    Actually the Blue Lagoon is not cool but quite hot & you know what that does to the contents of a speedo so I opted for the traditional bathing suit to keep all guessing except of course for the mens change room.

  4. pinamimi says:

    no Dave…i don’t know what that does to the contents of a speedo?! i do know that cold equals major shrinkage…so does heat do the opposite??? if it does wear your speedo!! you’re sure to find Mrs. Right!! LOL

  5. Dave says:

    No Comment!!

  6. Macdon says:

    ….you two are always talking about speedos!!!! Shame on you!!!!

  7. Dave says:

    Must be some thing in the air at “the Hill” as pina seems to have a thing about speedos LOL