BootsnAll Travel Network



Las Brisas

Life at Las Brisas IS GOOD!!!

I am sure most of us have all dreamed of retiring in a tropical paradise but never taken them seriously.

I know for a fact that had you asked this ole farm boy, from Quebec’s Eastern Townships, ten years ago what his retirement plans were he would have laughed & said he would never be able to afford to retire.

Well times change & we either change with them or drop by the wayside. I was given some excellent advise by a successful businessman, when I first started out, he told me “The secret is knowing when to get out!”. So when a local bus company with around a hundred buses sold, I saw the writing on the wall!

To make a long story, that has been told elsewhere in this blog, short, I bailed, traveled for a couple years & find myself living at Las Brisas in Playa San Diego, El Salvador.

However in his wildest dreams this farm boy never realised the reality of living in paradise, which consists of owning not one but two houses, one of which is occupied by the caretaker & his family, who for a negligible amount of money are looking after cooking, laundry etc.

Like it’s been drilled into the heads of us peasants that only the elite are able to live life with live in help in paradise! Yep but it was all a big lie to keep us down, staying in a frigid country paying outrageous energy costs & merely subsisting on the pittance handed out by social security!

The truth is that anyone willing to find the truth can not only live well in a number of countries, but also provide a living to a local family, on that social security check!

This week has been spent, getting to know my caretaker & his family, making a couple renovations, getting a fridge etc. Wouldn’t have bothered for myself but as mother is 90, did break down & purchase a toilet seat + suicide heater for the shower. Internet stick & satellite dish from Claro working fine as is Tigo’s cell phone.

All in all it’s even better here than I had anticipated, friend of the caretakers installed the shower heater this morning, he will do the toilet seat in the morning while I hang a few pictures, then it’s off to Compalapa to pickup mother who is due in at 16:00 on a medical flight by Air Nunavut. Now that’s different!



Tags:

Comments are closed.