BootsnAll Travel Network



Hmmmm!!! Whoa!! Down Boy!

Traveling 1/2 way around the world then flying most of the way across Asia & overlanding it back in 2+ months has taken it’s toll as I have been at a resort on the beach on Boracay Island now for a few days & the art of relaxation is so far eluding me.

This is especially apparent when when a typical uninformed Canadian salary worker makes a comment on my blog dismissing the whole of Chinese Traditional  Medicine as a scam then basically denigrates every thing Chinese & instead of merely deleting the offensive comments proceed to get in a mud slinging match with the sorry sole.

Well they say that recognizing the problem is 1/2 way to the cure so maybe now I can start relaxing & try & sort out & absorb all the info that has been  placed at my disposal since leaving on my trip & has been at odds with the propaganda we are fed in Canada.

One thing that has become apparent is that the western terminology of calling most Central & South American nations along with their Asian counterparts “developing nations” (the politically correct term  replacing 3rd world countries) is a misnomer calculated to mislead the masses into a false sense of security in these sad economic times. As the term leads to thinking that the west is vastly superior to these nations & while we may be experiencing a short period of hardship things will shortly return to the way they were.

From my observations starting with my flight from Panama City to Havana last year the reality is quite different as there are lots of ordinary people from these “developing nations” traveling. Now masses of people traveling is a sign of a burgeoning middle class. While in Canada the middle class is shrinking at an alarming rate. The percentage of western tourists here on Borocay Island would be in the low single digits with a few from the US but have yet to see another Canadian.

Where are all the Canadians??? So far I have encountered 6 young Koreans, in South Korea, traveling on Canadian passports, 2 Canadian ex-pats one in Greenland who is living Boston & one working for a cement Co. in China & 2 Canadian travelers on the Kathmandu – Lhasa trek & not many more Americans. No wonder it is such an easy job for our Bilderberg approved leaders to hornswaggle an uninformed public into believing their self-serving honey coated version of the world!!

Also while in Korea I found that during the last downturn Hyundai divested itself of all but it’s core auto & heavy equipment manufacturing while the other parts were sold to companies that could assure they remained strong. While in North America GM carried on as normal until the wheels fell off then the TAX-PAYERS were forced by Obama to bail them out.

Technology in Russia, India & China has improved to the point where the auto sector is as good as or better than the US. The old Lada & Tata cars of yester year have given way to the new generation of world class vehicles which combined with low cost of production meaning the end of auto production in the west. Same as happened with the farm tractor production 20+ years ago BTW Miranda in India that bought out the International Harvester plant along with the rights to produce the tractor model produced there is still making tractors.

This all leads me to see a bright future for Asia but a severe decline in the standard of living in the west especially the US of A!



Tags:

4 responses to “Hmmmm!!! Whoa!! Down Boy!”

  1. Pinamimi says:

    well if you continue on this vein you won’t be seeing too many Canadians lol….
    have you calmed down yet?? don’t blow a gasket…it will cost you a fortune…lol

    So….let’s get back to your travels and no more being mean….please….
    and btw….Oncearound is a really nice person who has helped me a lot…please try to be nice….you’re a great read when you’re nice…lol

    your friend
    D

  2. Dave says:

    Sorry but I calls it as I see’s it! Guess I have seen enough that only other travelers & ex-pats can relate to my opinions!

  3. Pinamimi says:

    lol…okay buddah lol

  4. I have not checked in here for a while as I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are great quality so I guess I will add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂