BootsnAll Travel Network



Hallá Iceland & Greenland

Have pretty much decided on my plan to make my way to London for the first flight of my RTW ticket.

Again I must thank the guys at BootsnAll for their invaluable help especially Hydro & whalewatcher, both responded quickly with excellent info. Also BootsnAll Adventure travel section has been a big help on a couple tours that are a good bargain.

http://www.seat61.com also had great info on train travel + the only good link I found for a trek from Kathmandu Nepal to Lhasa Tibet.

Having lived in Quebec back in the day when we had real winter weather & worked in Northern Alberta, if you have never lain in a snow bank at –40 changing a U-joint in your KW (you broke it you fix it, had to love those Henuset Bros. LOL) you are not a truck driver. Never mind chaining up your tandems along with one wheel on your steering axle + one on the trailer. Then throw in a couple winter trips to Hay River NWT & Ft Nelson BC looking for work, I figure might as well see the rest of the North Country.

Figure Iceland, Greenland, Lapland, Siberia this fall followed by Alaska next June should do it then never any where below freezing ever again.

New start date will be Aug 21 as that’s the first date of lower air fares to Iceland where will have 5 days to see a bit of that country http://www.re.is before moving on to Nuuk Greenland for a day to take a whale watching tour then it’s off to Ilulissat for a 3 day camping trip before returning to the capitol then heading off to Copenhagen on Sept 3.

Sept 4 – 12 make my way (train, bus, ferry?) from Copenhagen thru Amsterdam to Birmingham area to meet a couple online friends before catching my flight to Oslo on the 13th. May seem like a kind of strange way to do it but to keep with One World rules for the cheapest RTW + the $287.30 CAD price of the Nuuk to Copenhagen flight just couldn’t resist it.

Why do a simple YYZ-LHR flight when you can do the following?

YYZ-JFK-KEF-GOH-JSU-SFJ-JAV-GOH-SFJ-CPH



Tags: , ,

Comments are closed.