BootsnAll Travel Network



Guinness World Records Unfair!

In June 2008 Daryl & Davy Vogel set off from Prudhoe Bay in Alaska bound for Ushuaia Argentina, accompanied by their parents, in an attempt to break the record as the youngest to cycle the Pan-American Highway.

Prior to leaving, their mother Nancy had contacted GWR for the regulations of the attempt. These were followed to the letter + she was in contact with GWR during the nearly 3 years it took to complete the 17,300 mile journey.

On returning home in July 2011 Nancy submitted the request for the record to GWR, only to be informed that the category had been eliminated in 2009 so the boys efforts would NOT be recognized.

I am posting this as I, along with many others, feel the decision, made while the attempt was ongoing & especially GWB not bothering to notify them, is completely unfair, Daryl & Davy should be grandfathered in or at the very least given a certificate stating they met all the guidelines for the “rested” category.

You can follow their amazing journey  http://familyonbikes.org thanks for taking the time to read this.

A petition has been started, to get GWB to give Daryl & Davy the recognition they earned  http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/familyonbikes  please sign to give GWB something to think about.



Tags:

Comments are closed.