BootsnAll Travel Network



Google Maps

Just stumbled across a really cool feature on Google Maps.

When you click on directions there will be a dropdown window that that says car but you can scroll to either transit or walk also.

With transit just enter your address & the place you want to go then click more info & another window opens for date & time, fill in click search.

Viola

There before your eyes is the bus # you want, the time it leaves (make sure computer is set to local time), & the total time the trip will take. Then this is broken down into the walking time to the stop, the ride time to transfer point, the wait time for transfer then once again ride time & walking time to destination.

There is even another window that gives possible walking hazards such as no sidewalks.

How accurate it is shall know in a couple hours as taking a little jaunt up to Kanchanaburi this aft to visit Jimmie & the guys at the Red Neck bar.

Found the site by accident while trying, in vain, one more time for a simple, sensible way to map my trip. Know there is a way to do so using Google Earth but the solution is still eluding me & no one I ask has a clue.

Actually have come up with a way to map it just not how to link the map to my blog, so close yet so far away from the answer!



Tags:

Comments are closed.