BootsnAll Travel Network



Countdown

Time is slowly passing down to 53 days & finally have had a couple days of summer but Canada has completely lost it’s appeal for me & can’t wait to leave.

Not much going on was hoping the Chinese summer camp would give me a few days work with my small bus but as of last week it was still on hold due to the swine flu “pandemic” (bunch of idiots at WHO).

Passport back, 18 extra photos for visa’s in hand so some time in the  couple weeks have go into the big smoke with the applications for the ones I need to get before leaving (the services charge outrageous fees) India, Mongolia & Russia with a stop at Mountain Equipment while in town to pick up fall weather gear & a collapsible hiking staff.

When I tried to book the 3 day camp in Greenland found trip was sold out for my time frame but was able to book a couple short tours to substitute. As the Greenland camp being sold out I immediately booked the Nepal trek from Kathmandu to Lhasa guess the rule is see some thing you want book it now as it might not be available later.

August should pass fairly quickly as there will be a trip the Carlisle Pennsylvania Truck  Show Aug 7-9 for more Scout parts & possibly on to Springfield Ohio to Super Scout if I can’t find everything in Carlisle. Then on Aug 13 Stompin’ Tom is preforming at the Scotiabank Place in Ottawa which I can’t miss. Seven days later it’s a nght at an airport hotel for an early morning flight the scenic route to Iceland via Montreal + NYC & the adventure continues!



Tags:

8 responses to “Countdown”

  1. Daniel says:

    Hey Busman! Cool — what part of Ontario are you from? We’re from the Toronto area and are glad to have found your blog. If you think 53 days is tough try 730! That’s where we’re at. Anyway, we’ll be sure to check in on you as the date draws nearer, then can’t wait for your dispatches from the road. Happy Canada day!

  2. Daniel says:

    Oh ya — forgot to mention. We’ve added you to our Bootie Blogroll on our site. Also, the link to your blog on the BootsnAll forum (the one in your signature) has a type in the ‘http’ portion, so it results in a broken link when clicking on it! Just wanted to let you know.

  3. Dave says:

    Hi Daniel glad you find my blog of interest. 730 days is a lot but look at it this way, today you have you are under the 2 year mark. I have been planning mine for a bit over 2 years so can tell you time passes quickly as you follow the forums, blogs & revise your plans.

    My motor home is parked at a friends west of Lindsay, had my business in the Bowmanville area for 30 years.

    Thanks for pointing out the typo in the link to my blog, found a couple spelling mistakes in my signature also when I was correcting it.

  4. Dave says:

    Daniel just checked your site Great job I have bookmarked it so I can follow it on the road & thanks for linking mine to it, didn’t realize it was that interesting.

  5. topturner says:

    Hi Dave,
    Best bring your own ‘tamiflu’ with when visiting the UK, they’re forcasting that there could be 100,000 cases a DAY by August !….lol….

  6. Dave says:

    Just keep the CIA boys out of the UK & it should be all right. Rather take my chances with no vaccine than put any thing in my body made by Baxter!

    Just have to take it one day at a time & hope I am allowed in the country to catch my flight out of Heathrow Sept 13.

  7. Radster says:

    Hey Dave,

    Just cought up on your blog after not reading it since April. Wow, I am so envious of your RTW trip!! Can’t wait to read about your experiences. Especially because my fiancé and I are planning our own 2 month trip next May to Asia, where we will visit Kathmandu, Lhasa, Thailand & Bali among other places.

    During our previous Asia trip a couple years ago, we visited Singapore and Perth, Australia and fell in love with those 2 cities. I would absolutely LOVE to live in either one of those places one day. We have family in Perth, so we might one day soon wave goodbye to our GVT jobs, and immigrate there, its something we are seriously considering. And now is the time to make that BIG life decision, as we are soon gonna hit our 30s… We love Asia and living in Perth we would have Asia at our doorstep. My fiancé would be finally satisfied with not having to deal with snow and -40, and I would have New Zealand a short flight away for my snowboarding needs.

    Dave, while in Perth, I suggest you take a couple days/nights to visit Rottnest Island, perfect place to unwind, 30 minutes by boat from Perth, no cars allowed, bleach white sand beaches like you have never seen before. Just be aware, Perth, like most of Australia, is ridiculously expensive! If that isn’t possible due to cost/weather, then visist some wineries around Perth, they make some amazing wines there, and of course, don’t forget the breweries in Fremantle, which serve some amazing freshly caught oysters.

    Take care, and all the best in your preparations!

    Radek

  8. Dave says:

    Radek thanks for the tip on Rottnest Island sounds similar to Caye Caulker which I loved but with a better beach.

    Found a 30 day tour that covers a lot of the country from Uluru up to Darwin then cross country to the coast near Whitsunday & down to Sydney for around $2500 which sounds pretty good for OZ.

    Same tour company http://www.Trekking-in-Nepal.com that I am using from Kathmandu to Lhasa also has a 3 day excursion to Chitwan National Park where you stay on a jungle island. Imagine such a small country with such diverse scenery & wildlife from jungle to gateway to the Himilayas.