BootsnAll Travel Network



Countdown 3 days

Getting close now can almost smell the salty sea breeze & when I close my eyes see palms swaying in the breeze.

For those following this blog & wonder why the changes in the “home place” entry, when uploading the picture I accidently deleted the whole post which wasn’t backed up. Did I mention the computer is NOT my friend. LOL

Had an unpleasant experience with BMO Master-card travel insurance, called them up a couple months for rates on 6 mo travel mentioning that I was over 60 & they gave an estimated price that I used for my budget. Called last week to buy it & when they get done playing games with questionnaires the price has jumped by $1000. Needless to say they were informed what I thought of their misleading first quote & what I thought of the final price & where they could put it (a place where the sun never shines). To make a long story short after checking various on-line sites & talking with every one I know found a local travel agent that found appropriate coverage at near the first quote from RBC Insurance.

Next the bus I decided to keep on the road until my fiscal year end next July (guess I forgot to mention couldn’t quite let go of all the buses, had to keep a bit of aggravation in my life) needed an annual safety so took it to an other operator whom I had been doing safeties for in my shop the past 4 yrs & he came up with a lame excuse for not doing it, which didn’t come as a surprise, just that type of person. So took it to a local truck shop where it cost me a bit more but at least I know the job will be done properly.

Got a call last week from the tour company for my Nassau cruise saying the ship was contracted out to FEMA for hurricane relief in Galviston until Nov & the replacement cruise they were offering was a day longer & wouldn’t fit my itinerary so they offered me the 2 extra days in Fort Lauderdale at no charge.

OK that’s 3 minor problems with a satisfactory outcome so no more & I am good to go, plane tickets paid for from TO to Fort Lauderdale to Puerto Vallarta & Panama City to Havana & Hotel Nacional booked Dec 30-Jan 2, 2009. Can’t wait to join the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the revolution.



Tags:

3 responses to “Countdown 3 days”

  1. Pinamimi says:

    hey Dave…have you ever seen Madagascar the movie?? (cartoon) lol
    well there’s one place where the king is singing and dancing…
    You gotta move it move!!

    WE LIKE TO MOVE IT MOVE IT
    YOU LIKE TO MOVE IT MOVE IT
    I LIKE .. OH I DID I HAVE I DONE I? DID I DO I LIKE?
    I THINK I DID I LIKE.. WE? WHAT ABOUT WE? THEY? THEY? I DID THEY.

    lol

  2. tanya hawke says:

    Two days eh? Wow you must be excited! Enjoy yourself and lokk forward to reading all about it! See you when you get back and make sure you post lots of pictures! Tan.

  3. pinamimi says:

    can you hear the ocean yet???? it’s almost time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!