BootsnAll Travel Network



Bye bye Burma

myanmar-burma-447.jpgWhere men wear longi (skirts) & there are red banana’s

My 21 days in this fascinating country have flown by & were the minimum to get a taste of what Myanmar has to offer the visitor & anyone interested in trekking will need the full 28 days allowed.

From hot, crowded, deteriorating Yangon to Mandalay with it’s hilltop pagoda & it’s moat surrounded Summer Palace to the hill towns of Hsipaw & Pyin U Lwin, with it,s impressive botanical gardens, connected by a fabulous train ride then the amazing steamer trip down the Ayeyarwady River from Mandalay, home of the Moustache Bros to the tourist trap town of Bagan which you will leave never wanting to see another pagoda or Buddha statue again to Inle Lake with it’s floating gardens & market it’s a country that must be on any adventurers bucket list. that’s just the get acquainted tourist stuff, sitting on the patio of the Motherland Inn talking to repeat visitors you get a glimpse of the wonders to be found off the beaten track to explore on the next visit!

Now it’s not all good the Yangon taxi drivers have to be the the biggest lying, scamming bunch of A$$holes on the planet but no problems with taxi’s anywhere else in the country.

Bus schedule didn’t work out for getting to Chaungtha Beach with enough time to make the trip worthwhile so I ended paying nearly the price of the taxi for a ride back to Motherland where I am chilling for the weekend picking other travelers brains for the next part of my adventure in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia & Vietnam.



Tags:

Comments are closed.