BootsnAll Travel Network



Bukut Bar Punta Gorda Belize

central-america-trip-08-09-492.jpgWOW what a day sure glad I decided to end my quest this way & ain’t NO way in hell you will catch me living in Crapanada again, only maybe short very short visits.

Trip down the river was great, Guatemala for such a small country has many different areas from the Pacific coast through the highlands & jungle around Tikal & Rio Dulce. On the collectivo lancha, basically a small bus on the water there were 12 if us 11 20 something travelers & myself going on to Punta Gorda so we were able to arrange with  the captain of the lancha we were on to take us on saving a wasted night in Livingston.

Now any one that is faint of heart should pass on the 1 1/2 hr trip across the open Caribbean in a river boat & if you do, do NOT sit on the windward side & for sure not in the back just in front of the driver, this I know as of course that’s where I sat & had a bath from the swells coming in even with the tarp on that side. Pero (but) if you have a sense of adventure & don’t mind a boat ride that’s rougher than an Antigua tuk-tuk, Go for it better than any water-park ride!!!

Taxi driver that took me to the hotel, hadn’t checked LP for hotels here & was ready for a non salt water shower so resorted to the time tested tell taxi driver what you want in hotel & price & you got it baby, is taking his daughter into Belize City in the morning so made a deal to take me to for a good price. Saves a 7-8 hr chicken bus ride & will guarantee I get there in time to catch water taxi to Caye Caulker so can spend last 2 nights there as first water taxi Wed morn will get me back in time to catch plane for Miami & won’t have to stay in Belize City.

From the looks of this area & talking to the bar tender here it’s OK so have to revise my NO on Belize to a good for the southern part which was kind of the reason for traveling this way any how. Not surprising really as Belize stole this part from Guatemala anyway!!

Onward to Caye Caulker & more boat rides but bigger ones LOL

ps When you next find yourself here stop in at the Burkut good people great atmosphere, food, Wi-Fi & prices just behind The St Charles Inn



Tags:

Comments are closed.