BootsnAll Travel Network



Bucket list Saigon

Being of an age that remembers first hand the goings on of the Vietnam war & actually while working a pipeline job at Courtwright south of Windsor where a ferry ride across the river took one to the US where the bars were populated with girlfriends of guys over there the Vietnam War it is kind of a personal feeling.

Now being from the Townships where Montreal was only an hour away + having spent considerable time there both at work & play guess I was brought up liking the country life but also tuned in to life in the fast lane of the city so I can appreciate both. At least that’s the theory behind my keeping adding cities to my must visit list.

Keeping in mind the above, my Saigon City Tour today conducted by a super cool guy whose father was a marine fighting on the side of the Republic, was a real eye-opener to the feelings of the Vietnamese on loosing side in that war. Not the BS we have always heard from our neighbor to the south.

For that reason alone anyone of my age or anyone seeking the truth about that war MUST add Vietnam Saigon to there Bucket List. When there you will also find the people nicer than in the north + a clean, safe city. Just follow one simple rule when crossing the street, close your eyes & go for it, otherwise you will never make it with the 4.5 million motorbikes in the city of 9 million which makes it kind of an awesome place to visit anyway!

Besides a city that has more street vendors selling books than sun glasses has to have something going for it!



Tags:

2 responses to “Bucket list Saigon”

  1. Pinamimi says:

    sounds so cool Dave!! must be awesome to witness the sea of motorcycles and im sure like in Cuba..they are not alone on their bikes lol!!

  2. Dave says:

    Right the whole family on a bike 3,4 maybe 5 if the kids are small enough