BootsnAll Travel Network



Bruno’s Rio Dulce Guatemala

central-america-trip-08-09-457.jpgHola well I managed to force myself on the shuttle this morning so am on the way back to Ontario. Had a couple of a farewell drinks with the neighbours last evening & killed the last of the HC7.

The shuttle goes to the airport first & then dropped me at the Litegua bus terminal about an hour trip, Guate City does it a bit different as each company has it’s own terminal. was 2 others on shuttle & they couldn’t say boo in Spanish so it was kind of  enjoyable showing off & having a bit of simple conversation with the driver on the way, all those Spanish lessons weren’t in vain but still a long way to go.

Arrived at the bus about 15 min before it left so buy the time checked bags & went through security check it was time to leave, big sign in front of bus No Arma (leave your guns at home son ) & just over 5 hrs to Rio Dulce, had to make a bit of a detour as came across another bus with mechanical problems & took it’s passengers about 4 kms out of the way.

Was warned that the town wasn’t much only about 4 blocks long so wasn’t surprised. Best way I can describe it is 60’s Old Orchard Beach Maine without the beach, the older Quebecers on here will know what I mean. Took a walk up town & only did 2 of the 4 blocks it’s only reason fir being is to service the yachters that come in from the Caribbean at Livingston & follow the river to the lake that I can’t remember the name of, uust another tacky tourist town LOL. Pero (but) sure beats getting on the plane in Guate City & some interesting country on the way.

My ex-pat friends & Lonely Planet both recommended Bruno’s, well the ex-pats only recommended the restaurant & another expensive hotel on an island but as it’s only a short walk from the bus station & the lancha for Livingston leaves from it’s dock in the morning this is the place for me even though hotel rooms are full & had to go the dorm route but it’s only a 6 bed dorm so that’s cool, finish the trip the way I started. Besides it’s nice here on the wharf, river on one side & swimming pool on the other.

Tonight chill at Bruno’s, Tomorrow off to Livingston.



Tags:

Comments are closed.