BootsnAll Travel Network



Baracoa

BaracoaVisited the Che museum at his monument & at the train both very worth while if you are a Che fan otherwise skip Santa Clara. On to Santiago just Habana on a smaller scale.

Then to Baracoa another should see small city still has the hassles prevalent all over Cuba but for the first time in the 3 days here I have actually talked with a total of three locals that didn’t ask for money, 3 people in 2 months, not bad eh! Will have to change my preference list for Cuba to Baracoa, Vinales & Trinidad.

As to Viasul, after traveling 6500 km on all classes of buses in Mexico & Central America hassle free of course Cuba had to change all that, seems as if the country is doing all it can to discourage tourism IMHO.

Now off to Holguin then some how make my way to Banes to meet belagio, Habana to say good by to Jorge then Antigua Guatemala for the rest of the winter. Cuba is just too expensive & the hassles are getting long in the tooth!



Tags:

4 responses to “Baracoa”

  1. Oncearound says:

    Hi Dave,
    When you reached Santa Clara you should have kept on going to Caibarien, then on to Cayo Ensenachos. It’s easily one of the nicest, most pristine beaches in the Caribbean. Have to agree, I prefer the more secluded destinations in Cuba.
    Happy trails 🙂

  2. pinamimi says:

    Hi Dave and Oncearound…
    is that where you go…Cayo Ensenachos? is it always muy calor?
    hot hot hot…..i prefer seclusion also lol….
    Take care
    Dave…..pret
    end you’re another cuban…they’ll leave you alone LOL
    you must have quite the tan by now?

  3. Dave says:

    Could have gone to the cayos but this trip is about independent travel, for resorts I am a firm proponent of Sol Luna y Mares. To clarify I am not saying it is so bad that I won’t return to Cuba but 2 months is a bit much, the 3 destinations listed are the ones I found the most interesting & restful for independent travel & as for resorts while I prefer the SLM there are many others just as good for a short AI get away.

  4. Oncearound says:

    Pina, we went there twice last year. No issues with heading back either. It is northern cayos, so can be cooler weather in Jan/Feb but mid March was really hot!