BootsnAll Travel Network



Back in the COLD country

So after a total of 78 hrs riding buses (that’s strictly traveling hrs, not including waiting around bus terminals) I arrived back in Peterborough ON to yucky cold 50oF, drizzly May weather (93 back home in El Salvador).

Was the trip a success? A big si, yes, oui to that. The CA + Mexican buses were a pleasure to ride, while the “Hound” was a sad experience (as expected).

However Mexico City turned out to be well worth the short visit & is placed on the return list, needs a minimum of 4 days to do it justice.

San Antonio exceeded all expectations, not only was the Alamo impressive but the city offers much to do with more history to experience. Reminds me of Brisbane, Australia, a town where one can have an enjoyable time for the price of a hop on/off bus ticket just sight seeing & chilling or spend a ton of money, if that’s your thing.

Memphis turned out to be pretty cool with Beale St, the home of the Blues (so they claim) to explore. Actually found the best hamburger ever at the Hard Rock Cafe on Beale St. Of course no visit would be complete without a visit to Graceland to check out the home of the “King”

It’s been an interesting few months, first driving the “Mother Road” US Route 66, stumbling across Tombstone, home of Boot hill & the OK Coral.

Finding “Paradise” in El Salvador & opening a B&B there!

Then seeing the Alamo & Graceland on the flipside. Not to forget my visit to Alaska in the summer.

Just a matter of selling the Checker & Scout then I will be finished with Canada & the US so I can concentrate on SE Asia + Central & South America.



Tags:

Comments are closed.