BootsnAll Travel Network



An unhappy busman!!!

Well the best part of my SE Asia visit came at the end with Indonesia where my time was way too short. The people there were super & I stayed off the tourist track until Bali where I managed to keep it low key sticking to Lovina on the north side. Met a great lady there but had to leave before hardly getting to know her.

Don’t know what all the talk about safety was unless it was just your normal crimes of opportunity like pickpockets, purse snatchers & such which you have to be more wary of than most places but never felt unsafe otherwise.

Spent a night in Singapore which is EXPENSIVE, a Singapore Sling at Raffles Hotel came to a total of $29.45 Singapore ($21.83 CAD) with service charge & GST, didn’t hurt the sales to tourists though as they were selling them steadily & the hotel is amazing with the rooms going for $500+/ night. A quart of Tiger beer $6.00 S but the taxis were still cheap.

After 6 months + 2 days in SE Asia the big ole Qantas Airbus 330 flew me away to Oz where might just as well be back in North America & the culture shock is already setting in as I am missing the way of life I became accustomed to. So at this point in time busman is not a happy camper in the land down under where everyone speaks English. It’s just NOT right!!!

Must visit Antigua once more on my way back but have the feeling that SE Asia is going to win out & that when I get back to Ontario it will merely be  just to wrap up my affairs, finish selling the rest of my possessions there, say goodbye to friends & family.

Most likely when I board that BA flight back to London where I will get my 15 month visa to Thailand, it will be a one way trip. A term teaching in Thailand for the experience then get on ajarn & check out the available positions in Indonesia, sounds like a good plan to me! ):

Six months in SE Asia sure changes a person!!



Tags:

6 responses to “An unhappy busman!!!”

  1. Pinamimi says:

    I knew once you got to SE Asia that Antigua would be knocked off as first on your list…all of my friends and family members who have had the pleasure to visit SE Asia and not just for 2 weeks but some for one month and a couple of 3months all felt the same way as you…they just fell in love with it…at least you know now.. see you in August!

  2. Dave says:

    Si I have seen the light & it comes from the East!!

    See you in August.

  3. Pinamimi says:

    Land of the rising sun….lol

  4. Dave says:

    Yep, always liked that song & now I know whyLOL

  5. Radek says:

    no yoga in Bali????

  6. Dave says:

    No need for yoga when there are all those nice Bali girls around.