BootsnAll Travel Network



Almost time to get On The Road Again

Ten more days until my Thailand visa expires & it will be time to say so long to Bangkok which has become home for the past couple months. Think will head for Kanchanaburi tomorrow for a couple days as the red shirts have managed to get most of Bangkok’s Songkran activities cancelled, then have to meet up with Radek for a beer some time next week.

Just booked a flight & hotel room for the 23rd to Bandar Seri Begawan the capitol city of one of the smallest countries in the world Brunei Darussalam, located on the 3rd largest island in the world, Borneo.

Why visit Brunei? Well because I’ve never met anyone who has been there or to Borneo for that mater. Although I have read on Boots of a few travelers that have been to Borneo & enjoyed the experience.

Plan is a couple days in BSB then catch a bus to the border of Malaysian Borneo in Sarawak state where I will spend the night in Miri before continuing on with a 14 hr bus ride to the capitol, Kuching “cat city”. Have to spend a day there, find the Indonesian Embassy to get a visa so I can enter the country. Then the next day a short 9 hr bus trip to Pontianak  Indonesia.

Pontianak or Kota Khasulistiwa, Equator City is one of only 2 cities in the world to straddle the equator, so that will be kinda cool crossing the equator for the first time. Have to check out the Equator monument there to. Then book passage on the only Peleni Ship for at least a month heading for Jakarta where will try to catch the train across Java & end up in Bali for a 3 or 4 day break before catching a cheap flight up to Singapore to seek out Raffles Hotel for a Singapore Sling.

May 8th is the day to take a Quantas flight to Perth & my first look at OZ where the plan, at this point in time (subject to change) is roughly, get a Rail Explorer Pass, good for the India Pacific, Gahn & Overland trains then head out to Adelaide then switch trains & head north to Alice Springs. Three days until the next train north to check out Ularu & Ayers Rock.

Next a couple days in Darwin & seeing’s  how I am this close get a  10 day flexi-pass & catch the Grey Dog out to Kununurra, the area where the Sultan of Brunei has a cattle station that’s bigger than the country. Next south to Tennant Creek, west to Mt Isa to catch a train to Townsville where will take the bus, which with my pass I can Hop-on-off up to Cairns then spend a week making my way down to Sydney to catch the train for Adelaide then on to Melbourne.

Managed to find a 6 day “Tassie Explorer” tour for a not too inflated price. Finally back to Melbourne then NZ for a week before heading out to Hawaii in search of Dog the Bounty Hunter & visiting Oregon, Washington & Alaska which will complete my goal of visiting all 50 states.

Oh yeah have to make a quick trip down to Antigua Guatemala in there some where to!



Tags:

Comments are closed.