BootsnAll Travel Network



A taste of Cuba

Just had to have a Cuba fix so went to the local Cuban bar for dinner & some Cuban music last night. Food & music were good but no Cristal so had to settle for Gallo, the local brand which is quite good. Bar,Havana Saber Cubano, is owned by a local Cuban, 3 of the 4 band members were Cuban & small world the waitress’s family lives only 4 blocks from Hotel Naconal where I will be staying for Nuevo Año. When leaving got the Cuban adios complete with besos from the waitress.

Bar not too busy on Thursday night so band quit early so went to Café No Sé to wrap up the night.

Just had my last desunyer at El Portal by the park & now go say Adios to the regulars in the park & head for El Salvador.



Tags:

6 responses to “A taste of Cuba”

  1. Pinamimi says:

    sounds muy bien mi amigo! so off to El Salvador….hide your moula lol….

  2. Dave says:

    No problemo pina El Salvador is great & you will never believe the coincedience but the volunteer groupe I jet in Spanish school is here to!!! Having a blast in 42o temps

  3. Oncearound says:

    It’s fricken freezing up here!!!!
    🙁

  4. Pinamimi says:

    42!!!!!!! Oncearound…let’s go!!!lol!!!!
    i need heat…im looking at a mountain of caca blanca!!!!!
    you’re having the time of your life aren’t you!?! im envious!!!

  5. Dave says:

    Well now in Nicargua & still in the 40’s apparntely unseasonally hot but what can one do but suffer through it? LOL

  6. Pinamimi says:

    hardyharhar..lol…oh well i guess you’ll just have to suck it up and take the heat!!
    I just can’t wait to see all the pictures…you’re going to have to do a slide show!! it would be so interesting..