BootsnAll Travel Network



65 time for the trash heap!!!

Yep it’s a great society we, in the west, have let the government simple serpents fashion for us.

When times were good, before capitalism ran amok, we in the middleclass were too busy living the dream to pay attention to the increase in the simple serpent sector, where more & more, of these nonproductive citizens, waddled up to the trough to slurp the life blood from the economy. The top tier also formed little fiefdoms where trod over the rights of the taxpayers who paid their bloated salaries. The rich were making too much money (and still are) to care, those too lazy to work were well looked after on welfare to worry & of course the politicians were busy lining their pockets to care what was happening.

So now we have 50%+/- of the population who during their careers created nothing of benefit to society but by creating self serving unions with bloated pension plans, are able to live fairly well.

Of course the top 10% control the economy, so have no worries, except how to avoid paying taxes!

The bottom 10% have always managed to get by on government handouts are now feeling the pinch as the trough is running dry, due to the greed of those in power, are forced to exist on a pittance.

That leaves the 30% who paid the majority of taxes & actually contributed to the economy & are now reaching retirement age with a major problem! How to survive after 65? 

Some/most lived their lives as wage slaves doing the bidding of others but receive some form of pension to augment the pittance the simple serpents deem adequate for productive members of society. They may even also have savings that bring next to nil interest in a bank account or they can gamble on the, elite controlled, stock/bond markets.

Leaving a few free thinkers, square pegs that didn’t fit in societies round holes, otherwise known as independent small business owners. This segment always has gotten by thinking outside the box!

Many, many snows ago a retired, successful small businessman gave me some of the best advise I have ever received, “The most important thing is to realize a business is no longer profitable, then get out!”

So as the century turned & it became evident that the public was buying into the bigger is better syndrome the simple serpents in charge of the school boards took advantage of the situation & began the process of forcing the small operator out of business. When towards the end of the first decade of the 21st century, the Brits managed to take control of the majority of the Canada/US school bus fleet + the 2 major line haul companies, Greyhound & Coach USA, it became clearly apparent that it was time to get to hell outa Dodge!

Now with the public transportation system, that I spent 1/2 my life working to improve, being derogated to the worlds worst, civil rights (post 911) lost to the level of a benevolent dictatorship (walking shoeless through airport security), banks paying a laughable 1/2% interest on savings accounts, stock markets controlled by the Bilderberg elite. I made the decision to travel the world in search of a place where my pittance of an income would allow me to live a decent life as opposed to existing below the poverty level while working as a Walmart greeter!

Have always managed to live at an acceptable level of comfort, whether it was picking apples for spare cash when I was a student or driving cab on weekends when I first went into business. Now, having spent nearly 2 months in Cambodia, looking for a position as a TEFL teacher, I have realized that the western values towards age discrimination, combined with the local culture where children look after their parents, makes it extremely difficult to land a job.

However there is one glimmer of hope, as a fellow Eastern Townshipper, is principal of a Chinese school that is opening a new campus, will hire me if by the  end of the month he hasn’t found a full compliment of the highly desired (for kindergarten) 20 something, white females. Of course there is still the odd chance of an international school being short the token white face.

It’s holding pattern until the 26th when I will find out about the job at the Chinese school, if it’s a no go, shall return home to Rancho las Brisas & concentrate on my Bed & Breakfast business.

Society may try their best, but they can’t keep a GOOD man down!

Rant over.

Happy trash head day to me, happy trash heap—-!!!

now if only my Wi Fi access would return I could post this



Tags:

Comments are closed.