- Lived on the island of Koh Tao in Thailand
- Saw the groundbreaking elections in Bangkok which could have resulted in a coup.
- Learned exponentially more about Thailand customs.
- Saw the record flooding in Bangkok which included escaped crocodiles!
- Visited Sumatra, Indonesia, and learned about the Batak headhunting cultures
- Climbed Gunung Sibayak – an active volcano – in Sumatra, and experienced a long earthquake!
- Lived in Amsterdam for two months just to remember how wonderful (and expensive) that Europe is!
- Went to Perhentian Kecil island in Malaysia again just for a break from the city
- Put on a fireshow in Perhentian Kecil in front of a bar crowd where I managed to burn my leg
- Spent good time in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, showing new backpackers around the city
- Got my first traditional bamboo tattoo while on Koh Tao
- Went back to a Thailand Full Moon Party – first one since 2006
And the vagabonding travel adventures will (hopefully) continue into 2012!
I just started a new vagabonding travel Facebook page to encompass updates from this blog, my vagabonding blog, and my other backpacking websites. Don’t worry, I only post extremely – or bizarre – stuff! Give it a like, and add me as a travel buddy if you want.
Life is insane, but good!