Alaska is our largest state and it would take years to explore all the treasures this magical place has to throw at you. Last year I spent 3 of the most amazing weeks of my life there and I think I left a little piece of my heart in the cold ground when I left.
I leave on Monday, but unfortunately this time around I only have 8 days. I am traveling with my father, an avid outdoorsman, and it has been his childhood dream to go to Alaska. I can’t wait to see the look on his face when we land.
This is our loose plan for the trip:
- 2 day float fishing trip through God’s country followed by camping
- Lots of hiking and walking
- Staying in an old trapper cabin on a remote lake
- Explore Anchorage, hang out with my friends up there.
- Drive up to Denali park to Mt. McKinley
- Stay at Tangle Lake and do some fishing in the north
Last but not least, GET A PICTURE OF A BEAR! I diligently hunted bears (almost to the point of stupidity) last year and never encountered one. I did find the remains of salmon a grizzly was eating by the river before he bailed out, but close only counts with hand grenades.
Tags: Alaska, anchorage, Greg Rodgers, Travel