BootsnAll Travel Network



The More the Merrier

Beyond the RSVP

Cathy, a great friend and amazing graphic designer (http://www.leddendesign.com), is designing our wedding invitations. They are gorgeous and I can’t wait to mail them to everyone.

One of my challenges is (was?) deciding how to requesst RSVPs because I was worried about how much postage is necessary to send mail to and from Cameroon AND how long responses would take to come back. I suggested to William that we put my email and his cell number on the invitations. He flatly refused access to his cell and he introduced me to the world beyond RSVPs. And so in a new take on cultural relativism, I have gone from being a very laid back North American to an uptight African.

For your edification: when you are invited to a wedding in Cameroon you will not be expected to confirm your attendance and if you are not invited don’t hesitate to show up for the celebration, great food and dancing. William has even admitted that he has attended a reception or two just because . . .

Vive la difference!!

Tags: , , , ,



No Responses to “The More the Merrier”

  1. Connie Crosby Says:

    I’m thinkin’ showing up for a few weddings yourself might be a great way to get to know your new neighbours….

  2. Posted from Canada Canada
  3. Carole Solomon Says:

    I think that the people who have computers should RSVP on the bride’s e-mail address. and the people who don’t have computers and are going to the wedding should be able to afford a stamp to cameroon.

  4. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply