BootsnAll Travel Network



The Best Laid Plans

The best laid schemes o’ mice an’ men
gang aft a-gley.–Robert Burns (“To a Mouse”)

As some already know, my year or two in Cameroon was cut short to just over three months. It was a fabulous three months and William and I had so much fun on our honeymoon in London. But then we had to make the rational, adult decision that mostly due to my pregnancy I should be in Toronto, even if he wasn’t allowed to follow me.

I can’t say enough about all the great support I got while I was in Cameroon. Receiving your messages and wedding wishes was fantastic. We both appreciated all the good vibes from Canada. I didn’t blog in London because Internet prices were insane and I’m not an efficient blogger.

I’ve been back in Toronto since the beginning of December. No blogging and not much more socializing, mostly because I was sulking. It’s not a pretty reason, but it’s the truth. While it’s always nice to be home, I didn’t expect to be separated from William again for a long time. As someone once pointed out to me, “Deborah, you like to get your own way.” And it’s true . . . though really, who doesn’t?

I started a new job in January and it’s going well. I’m just over 21 weeks (out of 40) pregnant and baby and I are healthy. Life is good, but my husband is once again far away from me. We’re working on his permanent residence application as fast as we can, but until it’s finalized he can’t even visit.

I can’t wait until I see him again.

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.
John Lennon

Tags: ,



2 Responses to “The Best Laid Plans”

  1. Aileen Says:

    Hi Debra,

    I just happened to click on your site in my favorites and sure enough you have two new postings that I had not read. I was checking every day for a while then I eventully stopped.

    Anyway, I’ really sorry that you and William are apart. It must be very hard on both of you. Well here is a big hug from here in New York.

    How is the baby? Do you know what you are having yet? Take good care of yourself.

    Aileen

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Deborah Says:

    Things are coming along very well with the baby. He’s a healthy, energetic little boy. My doctor is very pleased with both of us.

  4. Posted from Canada Canada

Leave a Reply