BootsnAll Travel Network



Luxury in Lima

We flew from Tacna to Lima, and the baggage carousel was much less traumatic than the last time we were here – all items present and correct. As usual, we’d sent a heap of emails out to hotels to see who had room. WeŽd selected the popular Miraflores district of Lima and quite a few hotels had come back to us. We picked the Hotel Boulevard as it sounded good value for money compared to the other competitors.

The mistake we’d made when emailing these various hotels was that we’d enquired about airport pick-ups. The Hotel Boulevard were going to send a taxi for us and would hold up a board at the airport with our names on. As we left the baggage area we were greeted by the usual crowd of people and what must have been seven or eight boards with our names on! Ooops!

One of the first name-holders that approached us said “Hotel Boulevard?” and we sneaked off with him, hoping that the other placard-holders wouldn’t notice!

It was about a 30 minute drive to Miraflores. We thought we might pass the fated Hotel Melodia but we turned off before we had chance to arrange our jacks!

The Hotel Boulevard is a little bit of luxury! Our room is a “suite” with a little lounge and bar at the front, followed by bathroom and then a normal sized room for the bedroom. We are paying less for this than for other hotels we have stayed in on our holiday! There is a terrace a few floors up with a small pool and not many people. We are planning to spend some time up here when the sun is not so fierce!



Tags:

One Response to “Luxury in Lima”

  1. Mum & Dad Says:

    Hi

    Have a safe journey TD socks on, oral orrifice firmly shut at customs.

    Love
    Ma & Pa xxxxx