BootsnAll Travel Network



Intro

Not everything seems as joined up as we’re led to believe when it comes to passport control matters, immigration, and of course, the delightful experience of passing through security. And that’s only on the Western side of our experiences! When it comes to the more prosaic ‘foreign’ experiences we’ve encountered…..well, that’s an entirely different matter, but even so, we think there’s lessons to be learned from those states less paranoid about national security than our own.

This category aims to observe the differences that exist at border control when passing from one country to another, and even within the same country!

As a little taster, we wrote once upon a time about our flight from Miami, where, having endured endless hours of irrelevant beauracracy, we promptly sat on a plane and were provided not only with glasses (rather than plastic) from which to drink from, but also stainless steel knives. So, what happened to the threat one could pose to security on this occasion???!

The world is full of contradictions, but sometimes these contradictions are just too extreme to simply shrug your shoulders and let it all wash over you. So in this category, you’ll find the worst of contradictions exposed, while all the time we’re told we’re under threat and must simply conform to officialdom as the “war against terror” gathers pace. And no doubt we’ll also be able to tell you about some of the more pragmatic approaches other countries take to protecting their nationhoods.



Tags:

Comments are closed.