BootsnAll Travel Network



Camping at the Casa Inn

We`d tried to be fairly organised before we came away this time by booking much of our accomodation – that goodness for t´ínternet. Palenque was one place we hadn´t booked but after a quick search online the day before we arrived, we decided that we´d try the Casa Inn so we got the bus to drop us off there.

They had room which was reassuring. We were shown to our room via the games room and a pile of cockroaches. Hmmm. It also appeared that this place had lots of room. But we´d paid now so were here for a couple of days.

The room itself was spacious and clean, with balcony and air con. The downside was that the bed was solid. This was no mattress. More like the roll mats we use for camping! But we were tired and would manage. We didn`t see any more bugs after that either – phew!

Night one was fine – it had been a long day travelling.

Night two was different. We went to bed early as we had another long day of travelling ahead of us. But around 10pm the disco started – the bass is still ringing in our ears now. Sleep on the campbed was not going to happen as the bass rattled our windows and door. Eug went down to complain. The security guard went to the disco to have a word and Eug returned to bed.

The beats continued and Eug´s temper began to fray. He was back to the reception again to make his point. This time, it would be sorted, he reassured me. Five minutes later there was a tap at the door. Eug swore. At least twice. It was the security guard saying that the disco would be going on until the early hours and we should change rooms. It was now 1am. Reluctantly, we traipsed across the corridor to a room opposite “ours” and fell into bed. The disco beat was fainter here thank goodness but the road noise was louder. Infinitely better that before though. Amusingly, the security guy gave us the remote control for this new room which calmed Eug down slightly as there was no TV in the room!!! Typically, the disco then seemed to stop around 20 minutes later. We closed our eyes to try and grab at least a few hours of shut-eye!



Tags:

Comments are closed.