BootsnAll Travel Network



Ambling to Ambergis Caye

Linden picked us up again in his cool car to take us off to Ambergis Caye. It was another short flight but you could see the ocean floor from way up in the sky.

And then we were at San Pedro on Ambergis Caye. We dumped our bags at Ruby’s guesthouse, which is right on the beach and grabbed some fresh cakes and coffee from the bakery next door. Breakfast on the beach – what a treat! The temperature here was much more like it – warm and sunny!

San Pedro is basically one long street for tourists. There were plenty of tourists around but no cars. Golf buggies are the way to get around if you can’t be arsed to walk, or if you want to explore further afield on the island.

We’d explored enough for one day – it was so warm! So we laid in the sun for the afternoon with our books. Eug even went for a swim! Entertainment was provided by the windsurfing lessons. A local family also sat by the shore for a short while – the mother of which kept clearing her throat to launch large globes of gob into the sand. Nice.

We had dinner at San Pedros gastropub. Quiet and not that exciting but the fish, chips and MUSHY PEAS were great. Em was feeling a bit rough so we went back to Rubys but the room was stifling – we weren’t used to this heat and had been spoiled so for with air con. It was an uncomfortable night and the walls are rather thin so we heard every step on the stairs and most conversations!



Tags:

Comments are closed.