BootsnAll Travel Network



A short hop to Bolivia

Back at Lima airport, it was like we´d never been away. Withdrawal symptoms from departure boards and “bing-bongs” had started to set in – or maybe I was just fed up of hearing about “the toe”!

We checked in smoothly, all the rearrangments were confirmed, and it was looking as though we might finally make it to Bolivia!

But first, back to “the toe”. It had been moaning and groaning all the way to the airport – definitely attached to a man. I headed off to the pharmacy for some magic toe cream. I´m sure that passers-by found it most entertaining to see me describing a fat, potentially broken, toe. But somehow, the pharmacist understood my animations and gave me a tube of anti-inflammatory ointment. Hopefully, this would keep the toe quiet!

The flight to La Paz was superb. Not full of chickens as I had anticipated but very civilised indeed. And the weather was good too, which meant that “the toe” managed to stumble to a window seat at the back of the aircraft to take photos of the mountain ranges. We also saw lake Titicaca – it´s huge (just like the toe)!

La Paz airport is small and cosy. Outside, it was full-on sunshine and clear massive mountain ranges in the distance. This was very overwhelming for “the toe”, who couldn´t beleive that we´d finally made it to Bolivia.

After another short delay, it was time to take our flight to Sucre.The air hostesses asked if “the toe” required a wheelchair but unfortunately, he declined and grimaced across the runway to the plane, muttering something about “should have had a wheelchair. ****** toe!”. There were loads of little kids on the flight who were laughing, giggling and screaming as we took off. Naturally, I joined in, which distracted “the toe” briefly.

Landing at Sucre was quite Alton Towers. The runway appeared amongst mountains and houses! Finally, we are here! Just need to go and find those bags now…..



Tags:

One Response to “A short hop to Bolivia”

  1. mum&dad Says:

    ola! Bones Festes!

    From a cold Spain but we have been sunbathing today!

    Hope the toe hangs in their. It may come in for sale as a Peuvian delicasy!

    Take care
    speak soon
    Love Ma and Pa xxxxx

  2. Posted from Spain Spain