BootsnAll Travel Network



The Rif mountains and the disappearing camera

It finally happened, my camera got stolen, wwell I think it did, it seems to have mysteriously disappeared from our room or my bag or something, which is strange because I keep a very close eye on my camera but who knows. Gutted tho. So now I have the fun job of dealing with the insurance company, luckily there were no photos on it and I still have my film SLR to take photos, hopefully will be able to get the same model when we’re in Spain. Anyway….spent a day in Casablanca not doing much before heading out to Tangier on a night train. The trains dont stop for that long at the stations and we have a lot of bags from all our shopping, so we were waiting ready for the train but it still started to leave while we were trying to get on it! luckily the guy stopped it, but only just and we got on. We’d got the beds to sleep in but got in on the wrong end of the train so spent ages lugging our bags around trying to find them, eventually we got settled in for the 8 hour journey north. Not the greatest sleep but much better than sitting in a carrage with randoms. Once we arrived it was straight on a 3 hour bus into the mountains to this town we are currently in called Chefchaouen, really beautiful, little narrow streets, blue buildings, lots of cafes etc. Just chilled out here for 2 nights, eating and sleeping. Im always really tired here hopefully itll go away soon but for now its afternoon naps and early nights. Had some really nice fresh bread and fresh goats cheese, pancakes with fruit and this really good dish called Tagine, which is yummy veges and nuts. Good to get washing done and exciting things like that.

As the lonely planet says ‘Chefchaouen has more Kif than you can poke a stick at’ which is definitely true, every second person is trying to sell you weed and we even have plants growing on the roof of our hostel! crazy, but very nice relaxed town and aside from my camera going missing its been fun. We have a bus out this afternoon for one more night in Morocco then its of to Sevilla, Spain where our budget will be increasing. We booked Mum and Sarita flights out of Barcelona to London for the 24th so we have just over 2 weeks to get up there. Im starting to think about how Im going to get some money to finish my trip and need to start thinking about getting a job, still the plan is to work in France where Ill go when Mum and Sarita leave but dont know how easy that will be, however need to find something as my money situation is looking worrying! Definitley looking foward to the summer here though as could be meeting up with a few people looking to come over-hurray!



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply