BootsnAll Travel Network



from sun to rain

Welcome to London….Grey skies and rain……super.

Spent the whole bus ride into town getting more depressed as just flown in from Nice where it was so nice!
Anyway spent the last week or so going to the beach lots and as usual hanging out with the kids. Took the car into Cannes one day which was pretty funny, driving on the right hand side is complicated enough but its the french rode rules which is the most confusing…like the flashing orange light that means go? got myself compleately lost at one stage but managed to get home OK and even parallel parked the car, man Im good!

Caught up with Kate and Tom again in Nice, one day I tried to get in to see them I missed the first train so had to wait an hour for the next one, which got delayed so missed meeting Kate, waited for an hour or so then had to catch the train home! So had a super day pretty much sitting on the train, not so good. Another not so good night was when I went to pick up the oldest kid, Ella who had been on camp, some how she managed to talk her way into this show that all the kids were putting on and she was not supposed to be in, didnt realise till to late so ended up staying for 4 hours waiting for and wathcing some crazy kids show in french while the other 2 where getting very bored. Then I couldnt make the car reverse, as it had this weird thing on the gear stick so got stuck in the middle of the entrance, Ella had a fit and and wouldnt leave cause she wanted to stay, the ants got into the rice pudding I made….it was a great night!

But not all bad! Did have a good last week enjoying the beach and eating lots of cheese, flew out of Nice this morning. Only a 2 hour flight but tok the whole day as train to the airport, bus to the terminal, flying, then bus into central London. Pretty cool flying over the coast in France as you could see all the yachts on on the water and so many swimming pools and big resorts everywhere and the sea is so blue. Its difinitely a different place in england! It is kind of nice being in an english speaking country and kind of having an idea whats going on. Did manage to get off on the wrong bus stop though and had to take a complicated series of underground stops rather than being on a direct line had I got off in the right place. Of course its raining and grey here, typical but after my initial depression of being here I did get over it, London is a cool city and went for a big walk through a few areas, also a big walk back to the hostel when the train stopped one before mine….why is it that Im getting lost more here when I can actually speak the language!

Had a job interview for a pub in Kensington as well which was good, pretty cool place and its live in with all meals and accomodation included, plus its a great area so just talked to the guy and I’ve got a 2nd interview tomorrow morning which is good, so hopefully works out! The only problem with trying to find a job is that I only want to work for a couple of months and try to avoid mentioning that but I feel bad….but if I say I only want 2 months work then no one will hire me! But who knows, I may like it and stay longer anyway. Ironically enough at the hostel Im staying at, hardley any one speaks english! lots of spainish/french/italian people and heaps living here while working, kind of a cool place, pretty big but cheap internet/phnes/free breakfast. Pretty good for £10. Anyway I am off to brave the weather (dont think Ive been in weather this cold since South America) and do a few touristy things as I could be working full time soon.

check out my photos since Morrocco here:

Morrocco Spain France Belgium London


Tags: , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply