BootsnAll Travel Network



It´s been a year

So, a year ago yesterday I left Scotland and arrived at my first destination, St. Petersburg.  Many countries, fights, treks, tours and bus journeys later I am in Peru, still enjoying travelling.  I missed my flight home from Mexico last week, so think I will be staying here for a bit longer yet.
I have spent the last couple of weeks, having a bit of a break from everything, staying in one place, doing very little sight seeing and have instead been enjoying doing a bit of work, trying to improve my Spanish, watching a lot of the football and tennis and just having a bit of a break.  So to celebrate my year anniversy I decided to get going again and spent the day on the bus to Arequipa thinking about everything I´ve done over the last year.  Its hard to remember what my expectations were when I left home, but I think the trip has far exceeded anything I thought was possible.   I have seen all the major sites I dreamed of going to, the Kremlin, the Great Wall of China, Uluru, trekking in New Zealand, Patagonia, the Amazon and Macchu Picchu, to mention just a few.  I have also  been to many other places that have been equally impressive, even though I´d never heard of them before.  I have also met some great people on the way, so despite travelling by myself the last few months I have never really been alone.  A lot of people have asked if I´m bored of travelling yet, but everyday  I am still constantly impressed by the new things I see and experiance.  Yes there are times after a sleepless night in a crowded dorm room I think of going home to my own room and a change of clothes but I think my trip is far from over yet.  Just a quick look a the job adverts is enough to make me want to stay away just a bit longer, and the more I travel, the more places I find there are that I want to visit.
So my plans for the next few months.  I´m going to spend July travelling up through Peru, and August in Equador.  Then I´m off to Costa Rica and I´ll probably spend a couple of months travelling up through Cenral Amercia to Mexico, where I will fly home in October/November.  Well maybe, I haven´t been too good at sticking to plans, and I haven´t booked the flight home yet….   

Tags: ,



Leave a Reply