BootsnAll Travel Network



Rainy Monday

Monday dawned rainy and gloomy. I decided to go back to the schools that I had visited earlier in my trip as I had purchased an atlas for each school library on my trip to Cape Town and this seemed like a good day to do indoor things.

At Sederberg Primer I was met warmly by the secretary and after chatting for a little while was sorry to learn that the principal was not there that day. I left the atlas with the secretary, expressing to her how much I appreciated the kindness and generosity they had shown me.

I drove across town to Augburg and happened to arrive just at the break time. My unnounced arrival caused quite a stir as many of the students crowded around wanting to know if I was staying for the day. I visited with the group, enjoying their youthful enthusiasm, until the bell sounded to return to class.

Again, unfortunately the principal was not available when I dropped in but I had a lovely chat with his secretary and left the atlas with her. She seemed genuinely touched by the small gesture and wished me all the best as I returned to Canada.

So nice to be remembered at the schools and so nice to feel the wonderful radiance that comes from these beautiful children.



Tags:

Leave a Reply