BootsnAll Travel Network



Hurry Up and … Wait !!!

Ah! Is there anything like an airport? The anxiety of unanticipated delays, the lineups at the check-in counters, the multi-national staff that you have to strain to understand, then … finally … the departure lounge.

Everything has been right on schedule today with a good trip through to the airport, no delays or problems, which meant that I arrived at the airport at our planned time of 2:30 for a 5:30 departure. So … here I sit.

Actually, I love the airport. I love watching the people, trying to figure out where they are going, where they have been, and wondering what their stories are. Even the waiting is, for me, part of the adventure. I remember as a little girl my dad standing with me in the airport parking garage watching the planes coming and going amid the sweet smell of aviation fuel. It is one of those isolated childhood memories that stays with me for some reason and always makes me smile when I think of it.

In half an hour or so they’ll begin boarding the plane and I’ll be off on my great adventure. What an amazing time we live in though, to think that in 23 hours I’ll be sitting on the other side of the world and you folks will all be upside down on the opposite side of the round ball we call earth. Why is it that we don’t fall off??? No wonder they used to think the earth was flat!



Tags:

Leave a Reply