BootsnAll Travel Network



Cape Town Waterfront

After a lazy morning, Kat an I ventured out on the town. She had a hair appointment that morning so I said I would come along. Her hairdresser’s salon is part of a little mini mall attached to a plant nursery. While she was having her hair done I wandered through the plant nursery which was a great opportunity to see what type of plants they have here. The old familiar standbys are here also: pansies, marigold, snapdragons (although they have a different name here) and impatien. In addition to those, an incredible number of succulents, protea (the national flower) and lilies. Very beautiful.

Once Katja’s hair was done, we set out for the Waterfront where we had a leisurely look around the amazing array of shops sporting everything from shoes to clothing to speciality gift shops. Then a stroll along the beautifully landscaped boardwalk where we picked out a lovely open-air restaurant to have our lunch overlooking the harbour. It was a beautiful day, requiring just a light jacket even down by the water and I couldn’t help but think that if this was winter then I’m in! Beautiful sunshine, blue sky and somewhere around 20 degrees. Can’t beat it.

For lunch – calamari lightly breaded and deep fried, yellowfish with rice and “marrow”. To die for.

A wonderfully relaxing day to start my holiday. Beautiful sunshine, wonderful food, and great company. Oh … and did I mention the wine?



Tags:

Leave a Reply