BootsnAll Travel Network



Thank You, Taxco

On several occasions in this blog I have mentioned that I am getting tired of seeing more stuff. I have seen more things in the last 9 months that I ever will be able to process. And I am getting tired of packing in and packing out. I don’t want to go back to Seattle yet, but I don’t want to pack in and out for a while. And even though Mexico is a beautiful country, I am not interested anymore in “just another colonial town”. At this point of our trip we have seen so many colonial towns that to me they all start to be alike. A few pink and blue buildings, a nice city square (Zocalo), a few churches with a little bit of history. No thanks. I am done. I have seen too much in the last 9 months I want to rest and relax. That’s why I can’t wait to get to Ajijic (near Guadalajara) where we will be staying for 5 – 6 weeks. There is not a whole lot to see and do in Ajijic, but it will be home for over 1 month. We’ll have an apartment and will hopefully be able to send the kids to kindergarten there.

 

Allison is different. She wants to see it all. Maybe it’s because she keeps reading our travel guide while I am driving and knows a lot more than I do, or she has a better brain that can soak in many more things than my brain can, but she doesn’t seem to want to rest. Maybe she is afraid she is missing something. I really don’t know.

This has become an issue of many discussions for us. She wants to sightsee, I don’t. After a few very long days in the car I was glad to have a couple of days near Cuernavaca at the same place. We had a nice campsite and life was good again and when Allison said that there is a very nice colonial town less than 50 miles away I agreed that it could make a nice daytrip. Only after I noticed that the roads were so bad that the 45 miles would take us almost 2 hours in the car I was less excited. 2 hours to get there 2 hours to return to see a couple of pink churches!!! My mood started to get worse by the mile. But then a great thing happened. It turned out that Taxco wasn’t just another colonial town. It was just amazing and beautiful. I wish I had the words to describe Taxco, but I want to leave this up for Allison or a good travel guide. They have much better words than I do.  To me it was just what I needed. We were seeing something totally new, nothing at all like we have seen on our trip at all. And these moments are becoming rare, but when they do happen, they are all the more special. Thanks you again Taxco.

 



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *