BootsnAll Travel Network



Our Poopy Groove

If any of you have been around a 4-year old for any length of time you will know that everything is poopy. Poopy food, poopy car, poopy lo lo, and poopy head. Julian is also starting to pick up on William’s fecal fascination and from him we are starting to hear poooo-peee as well.

We are also really starting to get into a good poopy groove on our trip. We’ve abandoned the idea of driving long poopy stretches at a time. We are pretty much only driving during nap time so William and Julian get good poopy naps and minimize their awake time in the car. We’ve driving 100 miles or less each day which makes us all a happier, poopier lot. Cooking in the Yoda Van is also second nature now, and setting up and packing up is a piece of (poopy) cake.

The noise in our engine is also getting louder and now starts right up as soon as we start driving. Poopy! The last couple of days it only started after about an hour of driving. We’re headed to a larger city and hope that our poopy Yoda Van makes it.

William Julian and Allison at Bryce Canyon

Over the last couple of days we entered the national park region in southern Utah.

Man is it poopy. Originally we wanted to head to Moab first in order to see Canyonlands and Arches National Parks. In the end we decided against it because it would have just been too poopy. It would have added another 10 hours to our driving time and we didn’t want to be stranded out there if our engine was making strange noises. So we decided to head towards Capitol Reef. All I can say is Wow! We had seen pictures in travel guides but they really don’t do that park justice. There are 100 miles of these magnificent red cliffs. We spent the night in the park and then continued on to Bryce Canyon. This drive was one of the most amazing drives Matthias and I have ever seen. Every 10 to 15 minutes the landscape changed so dramatically and it was all so beautiful. There are so many amazing spots in this part of the country – most of them are not the main attractions, some not even on the map, but are just fantastic surprises along the way.

As diverse as the scenery is, so are the people we have encountered along our trip. Originally I wanted to title this post Willkommen in Deutschland. There are so many Germans traveling in rented RVs. In the last campsite we stayed at we meet 4 separate German families in the pool. Who knows how many other Germans there were lurking around that campsite. We also have meet lots of people from the Netherlands and the UK. In addition to this, we met the deafest old man ever to hold down a job, a man who was carrying a helicopter on his Ford Ranger and a trio of Amish – a man, a woman and a dwarf. The full-sized woman regarded us skeptically, but the dwarf immediately struck up a conversation with us which turned into a discussion about childhood ailments. What weird country this is. Now we are on our way through Zion National Park on our way to St.George where there is (apparently) a good VW repair shop. I’m sure it will be just as poopy as the rest of our journey so far.

 



Tags:

0 responses to “Our Poopy Groove”

  1. Conni says:

    Hallo Ihr lieben!
    Das hoert sich ja alles sehr spannend an! Lustig, dass auch ein link zu westfalia campers da auf Eurer Seite erscheint. Das ist vielleicht ein Omen… Hoffe, Euer Yoda van haelt durch! Ja, poop ist hier auch sehr wichtig. Ich hatte gedacht, Anna ist die einzige. Will wohl keiner von reden, dass Ihre Kinder genausolche Schweine sind wie unseres!!! Freue mich schon auf weitere Berichte! Gute Reise!!!! Conni

  2. Martin M says:

    hallo ihr vier – euer blog ist richtig klasse, hoffentlich haelt yoda durch! gruss aus der schweiz Martin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *