BootsnAll Travel Network



Good to have you back again!

I know a lot of our blog readers are from the Seattle area and Seattle has just been hit by the worst storm in 90 years. Over one million people were without power and therefore not able to read our blog. Don’t worry about us. We are doing great, despite a near death experience Allison had today when she was caught in some humongous waves. Well she survived it and is ready to hit the waves again tomorrow. Also it does get a little hot in the late afternoons, but we are able to manage temperatures in the lower 90’s sipping a drink in the shade at the pool. So really you don’t have to worry about us.

 

The other new thing happening is that Allison’s parents (THE IN-LAWS!!) finally arrived. Prior to this our main concern was to find a good apartment for all of us to stay at and I am sure Dan and Joyce (THE IN-LAWS!!) were also afraid of where they were going to end up living. I know they are a lot more at ease after being here with us in an apartment at Playa Hermosa (Guanacaste). It’s a very nice, child-friendly, beautiful beach with perfect waves (except the ones Allison got caught up in), but what’s even better is that there are hardly any tourists and that’s hard to find in Costa Rica. Dan seemed to like it here so much that after only 2 days he wanted to extend for one more day. Joyce is very glad to be with William again and they are inseparable. Life is good, despite Dan and Joyce still thinking that our trip is the most irresponsible, stupid thing we could ever had done, even after meeting 2 very healthy and happy grandchildren, a very happy and healthy daughter and most importantly a healthy and happy son-in-law. I am sure that future discussion with them will make an interesting blog entry by itself and I hope this blog title wont be “Yes, the in-laws are still here!”.

We have 2 more days at Playa Hermosa and then head up to Alajuela in the mountains and will probably not have to deal with temperatures in the 90’s anymore. They should be in the lower 80’s. So, really, no need to worry about us.

So to all the Seattleites, if this is the first blog entry you were able to read after getting power again, I hope you had a nice Christmas and that you get to read this before the New Year.



Tags: , ,

3 responses to “Good to have you back again!”

  1. The pictures are great. Know you will enjoy your parents being there. Hope you have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. Not wishing you a good time since it looks like you are having one. The scenery is what I always imagined the Garden of Eden must have looked like. Jo Anne

  2. Susan Z. says:

    Hi Allison, Matthias, William and Julian — Just wanted to wish you all a very happy holiday! I have enjoyed all the stories and pictures over the past 5 months, and am looking forward to hearing more in 2007. nrnrSusan

  3. Bri says:

    Hello Matthias,
    how cool is that?????
    I´m deeply impressed. Oli Ruess gave me that link. Maybe you remember me when i tell you that i ever wanted to thank you for leading me on the world trade center in 1991.
    I´m really envious on you, when i read your reports (mostly). Wish you and your familiy good luck and a lot of fun for the further travel.
    Sorry for that bad english – i didn´t practice in the last years..
    Bri

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *