BootsnAll Travel Network



New Jersey by way of the space program

sat

In addition to high ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows with green shudders and a small balcony, our hotel room has satellite TV. Have you heard of this? It is truly a miracle. We get three English-language stations: a movie channel, BBC World and a third that carries a variety of American programming. Until last week we could watch a show with Alicia Silverstone in which she played a full-time divorce lawyer and a part-time matchmaker. Of course we watched it.

But as of two nights ago we discovered a show that makes me proud that the United States culturally dominates the world: “Point Pleasant.” Not only does the show take place somewhere along the always sunny coast of New Jersey, but everyone is ripped and, in a TV way, beautiful. Let me tell you, I know New Jersey, and Point Pleasant is no New Jersey. Although, the plot of the show, that a high school girl, fathered by Satan and a god-fearing human woman, is struggling between embracing the light and dark side (Star Wars is everything and everything is Star Wars), is pure fantasy, so I can’t complain too much about the setting.

So the arguments for US superiority in this posting are two-fold: the creation of “Point Pleasant” and the foresight to fill the night sky with satellites to broadcast it to the rest of the world.

-Thrashin Badger

Tags: ,



2 Responses to “New Jersey by way of the space program”

  1. Mark Says:

    The photo is priceless.

    Your spouse will attest to my word nazi-like qualities, so she’ll be amused by my correcting your spelling: shutters.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. admin Says:

    Thanks for the copyediting. I was distracted by the 6-pack abs on Point Pleasant. And I can’t spell worth a skinless goat.

Leave a Reply