BootsnAll Travel Network



Fr Xavier

While I was away in the Cook Islands, I heard the tragic news that my good friend in India, Fr Xavier, had been killed in a car crash along with his brother. I was, and am, completely devastated by this. Fr Xavier was a wonderful man – intelligent, wise, compassionate, funny, and spent his life in the service of others. His brother was married with three young children. My thoughts and prayers are with their family, friends, and the community in India where I was given such a wonderful home away from home. RIP Fr Xavier. You are greatly missed.

Fr Xavier RIP



Tags: ,

8 responses to “Fr Xavier”

  1. Mum says:

    Suze, there was no easy way to break this tragic news to you. Who would have thought that when you left India and said goodbye to Xavier, you wouldn’t see him again. Along with the family and community of your dear friend Fr. Xavier, you were in our thoughts and prayers and we felt for you being alone and somewhat isolated at this sad time.

    Love & miss you lots.
    Mum

  2. Elephant Apple (Snr) says:

    Hey Suzanne,

    I’m thinking of you – and in the week of the feasts of All Saints and All Souls I will say a prayer for Fr Xavier, his brother, his family and you at mass this evening.

    God Bless,

    E.A.xx

  3. Caroline says:

    So sad to hear the news Suzie. Hope you are OK. RIP Father Xavier.

    C
    x

  4. Angela-E- says:

    Thinking of you at this sad time xxx

  5. Claire-Louise says:

    Suze, we all felt for you at this sad time, Dave recalls the day you left India and how sad you were at the airport. Im sure you’ll treasure the memories you have from that time. RIP to Fr Xavier and his brother and may there great work be carried on. Miss you lots x x

  6. Auntie Rosemary says:

    Suze: I can only imagine how you felt when you heard the sad news, and I think we all
    wanted to be there to give you a hug.
    What wonderful memories you must have of your time in Bangalore, and I’m sure Fr. Xavier is watching over you as you continue your travels. All my love, – miss you lots.
    Auntie Rosemary xxxxx

  7. Anna says:

    So sorry that you’re having to deal with this so far away from everyone. Have only just been able to catch up with your blog after major internet access problems. Love you and miss you lots and thinking about you.

    xxx

  8. Moloy says:

    Hey Suzanne,
    Came across your blog entry on Fr Xavier by chance. The photo posted by you resembles our friend, Xavier Soosai, from the same class in school, a missionary school run by the Australian Jesuits. If it is the same Xavier then it is really sad that he is no more. He was a thorough gentleman; a great sportsman and more importantly, a very decent person without malice towards anyone.
    I and all my friends from school days would be grateful if you can give the following about his life & work:
    Which city/town did you meet him last
    the name of the institution (do they have a website?)
    did he ever speak about his school days, his sporting heroics (great middle-distance runner), etc., etc.
    God bless
    Moloy