BootsnAll Travel Network



Yey, there is a lot happening!

hello my friends

i am so happy about how fast the creche projekt is coming along and how nice it is already looking! take a look at the pictures- click on the link to see the them.

my time here is running out at high speed and feelings are mixed…sometimes i could just cry, sometimes i could jump with joy. It’s just strange to leave this place for good after i have gone and left so many times. it’s home…and home is not always fun and great…it’s also sometimes boring and not so easy. but ya’ll know that.

I am sad to leave my project without being able to hand it over, to not see the end of the creche project, not me be able to play with my little boy we are sponsering the school fees for anymore, to not be able to walk on the beach after work, to not see all of these happy smiley faces and meet my friends everyday etc…

But I surely won’t miss the volunteers, at least the needy and complicated ones! as you all know by now we get all sorts of people here…

I won’t miss not having transport to go to the shops and cinema, to only have two bars to go out at night, to have little support when dealing with big problems, to see children in need every single day etc.

 So you see, it’s all in balance. and life is going on.

I just got accepted at Stocholm University to do my masters in january. Quite exciting and I am very happy! An ending always means a new start as well…that’s how it is.

I am trying not to be too sad because it’s not a “goodbye”, it’s a “see you soon”!

check out the pics!

muchos love

sonja

The stoep is finished!

The new kitchen area is almost done

Windows are going to bigger and some new ones will be put in for more daylight

Big Windows!

The poles for the shade roof are up

Old kitchen(pot on fire)- behind the new kitchen is slowly coming to life



Tags:

One response to “Yey, there is a lot happening!”

  1. Franziska says:

    Liebe Sonja
    Herzliche Gratulation zur Aufnahme in Stockholm! Ich freue mich für dich! Hoffentlich kannst du deine letzten Tage in Afrika noch geniessen… Ich kann dir immerhin ein bisschen nachfühlen wegen deinen gemischten Gefühlen.
    Ich habe furchtbar müde Beine da ich heute 5 Stungen getanzt habe – Afrodance Workshop :-))
    Hey, ich wünsche dir eine gute Heimreise! Und ich freue mich darauf, dich hier in der Schweiz zu sehen!!!
    Liebe Grüsse
    Franziska

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *