BootsnAll Travel Network



Review Ecuador: Canoa – Hotel Bambu (accommodation)

Name: Hotel Bambu

Location: Canoa, Ecuador

Address:
North end of the beach
Canoa, Ecuador

Telephone: (593) 052 616 370/ 099 263 365

E-mail: none

Website: http://hotelbambuecuador.com/

Review: This is a beautiful hotel on the north end of the beach in the small surfing/fishing village of Canoa. There are a wide array of accomodation options ranging from camping on the beach and using the facilities ($4) to private rooms with balcony and hot water ($20). The grounds are gorgeous…a beautiful (and tasty) restaurant right on the beach, plenty of hammocks for lounging and a well-stocked bar (though it closes fairly early at around 11pm). There is a nice open-air common area with tour information as well as a book exchange, couches for relaxing and a ping-pong table.

While the grounds and the hotel amenities are great, I wasn´t in love with my single room with bath ($16 per)…room #3. There was a very persistent chemical smell that made for uncomfortable sleeping. The water was only occasionally hot so next time I might opt for the single room with shared bath. Room #3 is also right next to the bar and the ping-pong table so if you´re a light sleeper this might be a problem…it wasn´t for me but just an FYI.

The food is good at the hotel but there are several other places to eat as well including Cafe Flor (south end of the beach but several blocks off of the beach). There are also numerous bars open along the main road in town if you´re interested in partying a little later than eleven. It´s pretty quiet in Canoa this time of year (November) though Sundays are especially popular with the locals and is the time you´re likely to see the most activity on the beach. There is also paragliding and Rio Muchacho tours…inquire at the desk (which is actually the bar).

Would I stay here again: Yes, though I would opt for a room other than #3



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply