BootsnAll Travel Network



Visa Issues

Well, it’s always a trip dealing with any beuracracy. And it sucks that I haven’t learned more Nepali.

I have to get another visa, so that I can stay longer in Nepal. My tourist visa runs out tomorrow, and I waited until the last minute to take care of it. Actually, I thought it might be easier this time, since we had all my documents that I needed when I applied for the Relations Visa two years ago.

But nay, there is this issue of a “Relative Verification Certificate” that I have but since two years have passed, the requirements for that has changed. So, two more sentences have to be added to my RVC and then I can get my Relations Visa.

A Relations Visa is good for up to a year, and is $5/month if you can prove you have family here. What is also interesting is that they also need my birth certificate, which I didn’t have because when I was born, there was no such thing. I don’t know when they started using that practice, so I had to get statement from my local district government office (neighborhood city council) to state my birthdate and my kin.

And because of the upcoming wedding of my cousin, my Uncle, her father is really busy planning, and overseeing the renovations project.

Plus we have harvested our rice from our farm, so there are people here, sifting through the grains before taking it to the mill. I don’t know why they are sifting through it, I thought rice came from the store. 😀 They are doing something to it, maybe sifting the rice husks from the other stuff.

I guess so, but it has been so dusty for the past month because first they took out the old cobblestone in our courtyard with new cobblestone, and that created a lot of dust, I had to leave for the day because it really aggravated my nose.

And now, they are chipping the paint of the brick on our house that faces the street, it’s a typical Newari style house. So they are also painting the shutters, sifting through rice husks…there’s a lot going on.

Most of it is due to Anjana’s upcoming nuptials so all the repairs and such are being done at once.



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *